Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Juice Fast—Day 3

Days two and three are supposed to be the toughest, so here goes!

A note on the juice: I'll admit that the first concoction we made was pretty hard to swallow. It didn't taste very good and I had to finish it in little sips. But gradually we've developed a recipe that works for us and also I've probably just started to get used to it. Our recipe is something like this:

2 cucumbers
2 apples
3 stalks celery
2 carrots
1 bunch spinach
3 tomatoes
1-2 lemons (peeled)
1 chunk ginger root
1 clove garlic

Robb: Today was pretty darn good! I stayed busy and drank more. I still had some of those moments when I thought I needed a snack, but it wasn't too bad. Tomorrow there's a potluck at work so I'm a little nervous. So we'll see..
Energy Level: good
Pounds Lost: I don't know
Crankiness: doin' good!

Jess: I can't believe it, but I feel really good. I'm waiting for some severe hunger pangs or grouchiness or cravings. Unfortunately, I sorta forgot to make more juice this afternoon, then got too busy. So, by about 7:00 I was feeling the mild headache effect of low blood sugar.
Energy Level: normal, well really tired by evening...
Pounds Lost: 1
Crankiness: mild (Robb says not so mild)

2 comments:

  1. Good job, guys! You are doing much better than Broc and I did this last weekend trying this. Maybe next time we get brave enough to try this we'll use your juice recipe. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are VERY brave to take on 10 days! I'm getting cranky just thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete