Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Nursery (and Guestroom)


The pillow I made with a laser print and some paint thinner.

One of my favorite parts—the rocking chair we made over.


I'm going to call this room finished! Probably the only room in the house I can say this about. We've been busy with so many projects, but I think the nesting instincts kicked in so I could actually finish something.

This was the first room where we experimented with paint colors for the house. We ended up with Sherwin-Williams Crushed Ice. Robb thought that it was a bit light, so the rest of the house will be a darker color, but I think it works well here. And, of course I painted the trim (Sherwin-Williams Roman Column).

I put the crib in the little window nook. Cheris made an adorable grey and white crib blanket with blue trim, so I tried to find some things that would coordinated. The grey blackout curtains from Zeke's old window worked well and I made a dust ruffle a few weeks ago.

The rocking chair was from the SonBridge thrift center. We bought it years ago and Robb removed the old upholstery and sanded it down. Then one evening recently, he and Corren stained and distressed it and I made a new seat cover with some leftover fabric. It is so comfy and I can imagine spending many a long hour rocking a crying baby there.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rob and Jessica - how lovely it was to catch up with the two of you again and to see your new home. Photos of your room look great - we enjoyed seeing it "for real". Ezekiel is such a dear wee man. Looking forward to hearing the news of the new arrival. Love and hugs. Laurel and Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly wonderful room for K2!

    ReplyDelete