Thursday, October 23, 2014

Like Christmas

So, I kept seeing this service Stitch Fix and finally decided to give it a try. Basically, you pay a $20 styling fee up front. And then you fill out an extensive style profile. You get five pieces to try and if you keep any of them you get back your styling fee.

It isn't for everyone, but it is pretty much the perfect way for me to shop. I'm sort of shopping-challenged for a few reasons. The last time I needed new clothes I had one fussy baby in a stroller and one little rascal trying to hide from me under clothes racks and dressing rooms.We also don't have many stores here, and I'm not going to drive an hour out of my way to go looking. AND, when I finally do buy something, I end up with a bunch of similar black pieces.

Enter Stitch Fix. I just got a box and it was SO much fun. There was actually one thing that I really loved, so I would say it is a win for a first try. Poor shirt, I'm probably going to wear it out. But the wait was terrible. Like Christmas.

Robb is jealous. He is researching similar services for dudes. Have you ever tried a subscription styling service? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment