Sunday, February 21, 2010

Loma Linda Weekend


I was so happy to get to spend some time with my beloved Katy (and Erik—he is pretty great as well). On Friday, I got a special visitor's pass and got to sit in on her art class. She had five classes, from first through fifth graders and taught a different project in each class. It was so much fun to be a fly on the wall and observe how Katy manages over thirty kids at a time. At one point, she was running through the lesson objectives, grabbing a band-aid from the first aid kit and answering a multitude of questions all at the same time. Not to mention the lady bug that was distracting one small student and need to be put outside.



During the lunch break we had three little earthquakes. The biggest was a 3.6 that occurred only three miles away, but it was really no more than a rumbling. Finally, it was time to go home and I had a nice long nap. Pregnancy makes me very sleepy. Then over to Malcolm and Hannah's for a yummy home-cooked supper. (BTW, Hannah is the cutest pregnant women ever!)

On Sabbath we sat in the front row of the LLU Church and had a lovely sermon. I even got to see Robert and Eva, though I had to chase them down. Then it was dinner and yet another lovely long nap. I live for those. Though it is the little one's favorite time to start kicking. In the evening we headed out to visit Katy and Erik's new home in Yucaipa. So exciting! I was dying to stay around and help paint and move on Sunday, but my tickets had me departing in the morning, and I also couldn't wait to be back with Robb again.

1 comment:

  1. what?! I can't believe you put this on your blog! -kl

    ReplyDelete