Thursday, October 10, 2013

Edna Emma Jensen Craik

My heart is heavy when I think of the loss of my beloved grandmother today. She has played such a vibrant part in my life, that I know she will be sorely missed. I will miss her warmth, the scent of her warm, soft hands. I will long to hear her voice, I will miss her wisdom and understanding and sensible advice. I'll long to be assured by her quiet confidence in God, and I'll miss her impish smile. The one she often tried to hide behind a hand. I'll miss her hospitality and elegance and how she always encouraged me to be a lady. We will no longer eat ice cream together while watching Jeopardy (man, she always knew the answers too). No longer will I try to beat her to the newspaper crossword (and then later beg for her help in finishing up the tough parts). And who will help me poke holes in the bottoms of the See's candies to check for the gross ones?

No one can replace someone like her. But I'm better for having known and loved her. And I look forward to seeing her again, someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment