Friday, August 24, 2012

Little Alaskan Man

David and Nelita brought back these bib-overalls and XtraTuff boots from Alaska. Zeke was pretty proud to wear them today and ended up getting completely soaked (as usual). When I went outside to see what the guys were doing, he came running up to me with the familiar squashing sound of rubber boots full of water.

In many ways, I can't believe that he's never even been to Alaska. Of course, Lincoln hasn't been there either and Robb has only seen Kotzebue, which isn't really anything like where I grew up in the Southeast. I was thinking about this the other day and decided to look up the logging camp. I guess they call it "Loggerville" now and charge $85 for a guided tour. I would love to take that tour, but I have a feeling that it would make me melancholy.

No comments:

Post a Comment