Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Cleanup

This is pretty much what the entryway to our home looked like when we moved in last summer. There were about eight planters hosting a giant collection of weeds. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. Well, I guess I could, cause they made it all through winter and until a few weeks ago when I finally started implementing my plan. You see, the flower bed that spans the rest of the front of the house was entirely filled with gravel and a weird collection of rocks and shells. So we started scooping out the gravel then dumped the dirt from the planters into the bed.
 Next, Robb planted the ornamental Japanese maple that we got on sale last fall.
Finally, a visit to the local sod farm and a few hours later we have a new piece of tidy, simple lawn. (Cause that is what we needed, more lawn.)

No comments:

Post a Comment